Saturday, May 16, 2009

Some May ongoing Projects and Landscaping Updates

I’ve said it before, I sure do love the merry, merry month of May. The weather is perfect for outdoor projects, gardening, and bringing life to the outdoors for the summer….this month we are busily preparing to host my dearest friend Susan’s 60th birthday bash. We are expecting up to 30 people at any one given time!! For sure her family and mine will all be here, which will be a true Moore/DeWitt reunion as our kids have not seen each other all together since, who knows when? We will miss you Katie and Mike and wish you could come. We have had our road graded and graveled, we have spread gravel wherever we had plastic keeping the weeds down as there was a time I thought I would create new flower beds! What was I thinking, I already have ten and Rock has 27 acres to take care of….Rock has put a floor in the barn, so it can be used to sleep people and of course, it will be nice to have his “Flop House and Saloon” with a real floor. Next year he will lay bamboo flooring. We are cleaning up the outdoors, creating new areas to sit and enjoy the views and cooking and eating areas. We are really excited that we had the grader guy grade a large area in order for us to set up tents for the party and officially open the Tessadora Campground. There was not a level spot in all our space. Like everything else in this house, and for those of you who know it, there is nothing level anywhere. Even on the inside, everywhere you go, there is a step up, a step down and a stage to nowhere!! I always say that the guy who built this house, built as “high” as he felt for the day!! I am mostly working on amending all my flower beds, planting a few flowers and am looking forward to planting my flower pots and hanging baskets next week, with the held of my beautiful daughter, Dionne. Spokane here I come to buy flowers…


Worked really hard in the Orchard and looks as if we will be up to our ears in apples and cherries this year!! I will be making fruit leathers for Amya this year, that is for sure. Rock also finished the outdoor cooking area, so this way he can cook up a storm for the Birthday Bash. Our new gas grill has a surface for two dozen burgers, then there is his old charcoal cooker and his small one, so we should be just fine....



Just love the pretty apple blossoms

Our house through the eyes of the apple blossoms


Lilacs beginning to bloom


Rock's new cooking area


Love my tulips this year


How green is the Valley


Great view from under the ole Apple tree!


Welcome to the new Tessadora Campground!


Now we can play in
Rock's Flophouse and Saloon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Still enjoying my life "under the Keller sun" on our slice of paradise, traveling around to see friends and family and making many trips to see our most amazing grandchild and now MOSTLY, being a Grandma, getting as much of our Amya as we possibly can and LOVING grandparenthood.